Dr. Annie Phillips
Licensed Professional Counselor
Dr. Annie is a Licensed Professional Counselor,and a National Certified Counselor. She has ten years of experience. Many of her clients have relationship issues, anxiety, depression, and self-esteem issues. She specializes in teenage girls, college age women mother/daughter relationships and adult women.
Academic performance is one of the first signs that a teen is in trouble. Many parents call because the communication has broken down and they don't know what to do. Grades start falling and the task of completing homework is difficult. She also administers testing and evaluations for ADHD.
Therapy methods include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) stresses the role of thinking in how we feel and what we do. It is based on the belief that thoughts, rather than people or events, cause our negative feelings.
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing, EMDR Institute Inc. Colloquia Series, Walden University (Jul 2008)
- Abel Screening Inc. Training Conference: Atlanta, GA (2007)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (Jul 2007) | Adolescents and Addiction (Jul 2006)
- Understanding the Needs of Persons with Co-occurring Disorders, University of South Florida (Aug 2005)
- Substance Abuse & Society, Virginia Summer Institute of Addiction Studies, College of William and Mary (Jul 2005)
- Adolescents and Co-occurring Disorders, University of South Florida (May 2005)
- Critical Incident Stress Management: Group Crisis Intervention, American Red Cross (Apr 2005)